[TowerTalk] Looking for a customised world azimuthal map

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Thu Aug 18 07:04:36 EDT 2005

On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 08:35:28 +0300, Morel 4X1AD wrote:

>I'm looking for a world azimuthal map, preferable laminated, centered in my
>QTH or at least in Central Europe. Is there any shop printing larger than
>regular legal letter paper size customised maps (great circle bearings) ?

As a starting point, consider the Mapper program that is part of the FREE Ham
Radio Deluxe suite. You can display the azimuthal map centered anywhere, then
print it on whatever printer you have available. This software suite also includes
an excellent PSK31 program, a log, a very nice rig control program, and interface
to two DX clusters. Google on Ham Radio Deluxe. Installation is painless and has
been bugfree over the two years I've used and updated it. The author, Simon Brown,
HB9DRV, was at Dayton and said that he was adding "hooks" to Writelog soon.

Jim K9YC