[TowerTalk] [Fwd: Open wire line no longer the weak link]

Steve steveac at charter.net
Mon Dec 5 21:46:32 EST 2005

Several of you wrote to me direct or via the reflector with advice about
protecting the plexiglass window pane where my open wire line is
terminated.

Thank you, as usual this is the place to come for help.

I'll probably go with the "mechanical fuse" for the time being since
it's easy to implement: A short piece of #18 between the plexiglass and
the heavy line heading up into the trees.

Several people suggested mounting banana plugs in the plexiglass. This
would allow the open wire line to simply be pulled out if it were to
become weighted down with a heavy tree limb. I like that idea and it may
be my eventual solution.

Again . . . thanks everyone!

Steve K8JQ