[TowerTalk] Jamesburg 30 meter Dish Antenna on Ebay

K8RI on Tower talk k8ri-tower at charter.net
Mon Dec 12 15:39:45 EST 2005

EME?  Man, think 2.4 gig, 5.5 and on up. Raise the support point so the
bottom of the dish is about 10 meters off the ground and you could cut a
path to the horizon and beyond.  Put some power behind it and create your
own aurora for working 6-meters albeit this might make one a bit unpopular
with the Wi-Fi crowd.

Let's see.  30 meter dish = 15 meter radius plus 10 meters for ground
clearance = 25 meters for the mount pivot point.  That's about 77-78 feet.
Now, any one care to calculate how much concrete and steel it'd take to hold
the sucker up in 90 MPH winds?  I'd have to buy at least one lot behind me
and the two along the north side, but that would require moving a road to a
land locked 64 acre parcel and there's a home on the other side of that.
Supposed I could claim "Eminent Domain" for communications purposes.

Soooo... If they'd give it to me, delivered I figure I could have it up and
running for maybe ... oh... ball park (don't hold me to this).. a couple
million.  Oh, wait!  I don't have that much. Any one care to sign and put up
collateral for the loan?

N833R - World's oldest Debonair CD-2
www.rogerhalstead.com