[TowerTalk] EZ-Hang: using a slingshot to place lines in trees

bob finger finger at goeaston.net
Tue Dec 13 16:05:47 EST 2005

I agree with Mark re oiling the line.  However, oil may destroy the
line.  To be safe I throw line away immediately after use if I have
oiled it. And if you wind your oiled line on a big orange traffic cone
rather than a spinning reel you can get some impressive distance with a
sling shot. Prop the nose of the cone in the direction of the shot and
let her fly.   Less friction than the spinning reel, but a pita as far
as I am concerned.   I have yet to need to oil Spider Wire, it is so
small that it flows nicely.  Someone else mentioned eye protection.  I
consider this MANDATORY.  Safety first.  73 bob de w9ge

Mark