[TowerTalk] EZ-Hang

larryjspammenot@teleport.com larryj at teleport.com
Tue Dec 13 16:32:43 EST 2005

A member in one of our local radio clubs (Portland Amateur Radio Club) has one of those homebrew pneumatic line launchers that shoots tennis balls and fishing line over some pretty high trees. I saw a demo of it in use last June at Field Day - it was most impressive to see it in action!  I'd consider building one if I had more than just a very occasional use for it.

For the slingshot and fishing reel method - several weeks ago, I was looking for the same kind of device. I did a search on Google for something like "Slingshot Antenna Launcher" or something similar which brought back lots of articles. I went to Wal-Mart and bought a slingshot for about $6, one of the recommended fishing reels for about $5, and then stopped at the hardware store to get a few hose clamps and an "L" bracket (found it in the wall shelving area). I clamped it all together in about five minutes and I was in business. It looks very much like that unit that goes for about $99.

LJ