[TowerTalk] ...More slingshot suggestions

Mike Bragassa bragassa at consolidated.net
Tue Dec 13 19:37:14 EST 2005

I never seem to get it exactly the way I want the sinker to hit. Invariably it goes over too many limbs or maybe into the tree behind it. I go ahead and pull it through w/ the construction line and then the strong rope. Then I tie on a 18 inch pipe wrench pull it up to a non-wanted limb and jump or bounce it over. This way I work it back to the limb that I want. This will only work as long as the limb you want is the highest of the limbs in question. One time the wrench snagged on something. I hooked the line up to my tractor: "Something going to give!" It came down with a branch snagged up. That happened to be the last 'non-wanted' and the wrench and rope fell right down along side the trunk of the tree hanging from the correct limb. Thank you Lord!

GL, Mike, K5UO

""I use "spider wire" that has the diameter of 6 pound mono but has the
strength of about 30# test or so.  Big factor is it is yellow so you can
see it.  With a slingshot and 4 oz weight I can easily put a line over a
120 foot tree.  Getting it over one tree in a forest, now that is
another question entirely.  73 bob de w9ge""