[TowerTalk] EZ-hang - Tree Companies

Barry Merrill barry at mxg.com
Wed Dec 14 18:26:32 EST 2005

I am not an insurance expert, but you want a real
company with a business liability coverage, often
called an "Umbrella" Policy", usually in $500,000
or $1,000,000 face values for small businesses.

Some form of liability insurance is pretty much
required by any company or sole proprietorship
who performs work on corporate or industrial or
government properties.

It's usually sufficient just to ask the treeman
for the name of their insurance company, the name
and the phone number of their insurance agent,
and the policy number, for you to immediately know
if the guy does or doesn't have coverage.

73

Barry, W5GN

P.S. I do know that in the mid-70's, computer consultants
     who did on-site classes were suddenly required to
     provide proof of liability insurance: it turns out
     that a consultant-instructor teaching an on-site
     class got in a heated discussion with an employee-student,
     and he hit the student to the extent that stitches were
     required, but the company could not recover anything
     because the consultant had no assets and was uninsured.