[TowerTalk] Pull Down Cables

Ken Beals k6mr at pacbell.net
Wed Feb 2 19:17:59 EST 2005

The other way I've seen this done was on the Tri-Ex Sky Needles.  They
had one continuous cable, driven by a friction drive arrangement.  Sort
of the same thing, except that the cable did not terminate on the drum.
The drum had a fancy machined surface that would grip the cable to drive
it in the proper direction.  As I remember it, the cable looped around
the drum several times and a set of spring loaded tensioner pulleys
kept  everything tight.  I think the advantage was that you didn't have
to worry about the cables wrapping up on themselves.

Ken K6MR