[TowerTalk] liberating aluminum

TexasRF@aol.com TexasRF at aol.com
Fri Feb 18 11:01:54 EST 2005

Re: metric vs inch aluminum sizes

Hi Bob, this is my favorite situation. In this case, one purchases a
completely new batch of aluminum for all elements as well as the boom. For sake  of
safety issues, you will want to use the next larger size of the new material.
No doubt this will increase the antenna weight and likely windload as well.
This  will require replacement of the tower, rotator and mast. While you are at
it,  you might as well renew the rotor and coax cables as well. In fact, to
really  make all this worthwhile, you can also add a big 40m beam and/or 6m beam.

Please let me know if you need more suggestions; there are several ways to
do your project!

73,
Gerald Williamson/K5GW
Texas Towers