[TowerTalk] lightning umbrella

Keith Dutson kjdutson at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 26 21:17:18 EST 2005

>MY experience has been just the opposite through a number of lightning
strikes.

My experience is similar.  There have been five observed direct hits to the
tower.  Damage was sustained in the house and shack from one of these.
However, this problem was traced to a grounding problem at the house AC
mains that allowed induced voltage to follow power, phone and LAN cables
from the house to the shack, wiping out several computers and phones plus
the AC circuit boards in the Alpha amp and Icom transceiver.

Keith NM5G