[TowerTalk] Resonant freqs for KT-34XA?

Robert Katz rob.katz at thelegacycenter.com
Sun Jan 2 12:38:08 EST 2005

Does anybody have resonance measurements for each element of a KLM KT-34XA?

I bought a used one and it doesn't tune up on 15m and 20m.  In
measuring the resonant frequencies, the front driven element looks
fine (freqs a bit above the band), but the rear driven element has
funny looking readings (a bit below on 10m, waaaay below on 15m, and
in the band on 20m).

I did clean all the connections, and I'm now about to completely
disassemble the elements to check the capacitor tubes (I was too lazy
the first time - silly me).  I don't think I have the wrong thickness
capacitor tubing since one element looks OK, but I'm going to get my
hands on some calipers to double check.  So I'm looking for the
resonant frequencies to know what kind of frequencies I'm shooting
for.  Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance, and happy new year.

Rob, KA1ARB
--