[TowerTalk] Station Ground

K8RI on Tower Talk k8ri-tower at charter.net
Fri Jan 14 17:16:00 EST 2005

Sounds good to me.

What I use here:  The bare #2 that gets used for the grounding network runs
on into the basement and up into the shack.  Here it is harnessed across the
back side of the desk and has  a number of cable clamps fitted to it.  From
the cable clamps I run 1/2 inch tinned copper braid to each grounding lug.
I crimp a ring lug on the end of the braid for each rig, but flatten it out
and slip it under the cable clamp on the #2 cable.  It's flexible and allows
the rigs to move a *little*. I don't put in much excess.

N833R, World's Oldest Debonair (S# CD-2)
www.rogerhalstead.com