[TowerTalk] Station Ground

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sat Jan 15 19:38:17 EST 2005

On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 16:08:55 -0800, Jim Lux wrote:

>the neutral and electrical safety
>ground are supposed to be bonded at only one point,

YES.  (All caps for emphasis)

>and that's the service entrance.

In a home, YES. In a building where there may be a transformer to establish a
new system, the NEW neutral must be bonded to ground close to that
transformer.AND all grounds must be bonded together.

>You might be able to rebond the neutral at a subpanel, but I'm not sure.

NO, NO, NO, NO!  :)  You were right the first time -- once, and only once, per
system.

>Perhaps a better approach is to bond your buss to the building grounding
>system?

ABSOLUTELY!

Jim Brown  K9YC