[TowerTalk] There's 'ground', and then there's 'ground'

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Mon Jan 17 11:19:13 EST 2005

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 07:32:32 -0800, Jim Lux wrote:

>I assume you're talking about the "Emerald Book", or possibly the
"Green Book"

I just checked the index of both books for 'braid" and "bonding
conductor".  There is no listing for "braid," and on the pages
listed for bonding conductor I don't any reference to "braid." I
also did a quick check of the indexes of Ott, one of Morrison's
books on grounding, and books by Clayton Paul and Bernhard Keiser.
None of them include a reference to "braid" outside the context of a
cable shield.

I concur with the several analyses cited here that braid has serious
shortcomings as a bonding conductor.

Jim Brown  K9YC