[TowerTalk] Vertical Automatic Tilt Over

Richard Thorne rmthorne at cox.net
Sat Jan 29 10:55:56 EST 2005

I live in a restricted neighborhood but I would like to put up a
Cushcraft R8 or Hygain 640 10 through 40m vertical.

I plan on installing it on a tilt over mast so it will be out of site
when not in use,  I think the neighbors could live with that.

So I got to thinking it would be nice if I could hit a switch in the
shack to tilt it over or tilt it up.
I was thinking I could sandwich a 2" alumium mast between a pair of
4x4's with a bolt at the top for the hinge point.

Has anyone seen such a device.  I'm sure this will have to be home
brewed using an air cylinder or maybe a rotor and some limit switches.

Any ideas?

Rich Thorne
ARS: N5ZC
AMA: N5ZC