[TowerTalk] TOWER GROUND

Gary Schafer garyschafer at comcast.net
Mon Jan 31 11:35:39 EST 2005

The copper when in contact with the galvanized tower will remove the
galvanizing. A stainless sheet between copper and tower leg will work
fine. Polyphaser makes some hose clamps with an additional stainless
strap inside the clamp to accomplish this.

You also don't want any copper exposed anywhere that water dripping off
the copper will drip or run onto any galvanized part of the tower. The
copper ions will wash the galvanizing material away.

73
Gary K4FMX