[TowerTalk] Rigging Dipoles and Growing Old

Phil Camera kb9cry at comcast.net
Thu Jul 7 14:37:41 EDT 2005

Can I let the coax (RG8 - Type) hang down fairly low
 to the bottom of the tower (say 10 feet or so). What
 is the pitfalls of allowing the coax to hang freely.
 I will be using Budwig centers which are pretty tough.

I personally don't have much personal experience but if the others suggest that the coax might be damaged by hanging under it's own weight, attach a "traveller" line to the center and then attach the coax to that.  This way the coax will actually be hanging from this line from the center to the ground and will not hang off itself.  Know what I mean?  When you lower the dipole the line with attached coax will lower also.  Phil  KB9CRY