[TowerTalk] Ground level and sea level

David Robbins K1TTT k1ttt at arrl.net
Fri Jul 8 13:01:06 EDT 2005

There can be some effects at high altitudes for vhf/uhf stuff.  there can be
tropo ducts that are only experienced above a certain altitude.  It is also
used in figuring line of sight paths for microwave hilltopping.

I haven't seen anything that uses it for wind survival, but at 1900' amsl
here I get higher winds than the guys a few miles away at 900' do.  And of
course the fastest wind ever recorded was on the top of mt. Washington.

Besides when you read a topo map that is what you get, you don't get haat,
you get amsl.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt at arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net