[TowerTalk] Ground level and sea level

Michael Tope W4EF at dellroy.com
Fri Jul 8 14:05:25 EDT 2005

Yeah, I am at 1700ft ASL which sounds impressive until you realize the
the mountain next to me is around 4000ft ASL :) If you ever want
experience first hand the contrast between a good DX QTH and a bad
DX QTH all you need to do is come over here to my QTH and operate.
I have both depending on what direction I am working towards. Towards
the Pacific it is great - I work pretty much everything, even with crappy
antennas. Toward West Africa working from here competitively is like
trying to pee up a rope. Most of the time the only thing I hear is the hiss
coming from the speaker :)