[TowerTalk] Ground level and sea level/KGO

Pat Barthelow aa6eg at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 8 13:56:03 EDT 2005

Doc, KD4E said:
>One of the best locations I ever worked from was along the edge
>of a bay in northeastern Mass ... amazing how that junk wire
>antenna fed through junk catv cable from a Heath SB-101 got out!
>
>Proximity to salt water and a clear shot east across the Atlantic
>is the best!

KGO in SF, 50KW Radio 810 has a huge signal beamed from Alaska to Central
America at night.
Their vertical array is in extra salty water in SF Bay. (shared with salt
evaporation ponds next door.)  The wide copper straps at each vertical tower
base only have to go about 10 ft horizonal before they submerge in the extra
salty water.

See; Click on:
http://groups.msn.com/kgotour/kgotour.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=78

http://groups.msn.com/kgotour/kgotour.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=63

http://groups.msn.com/kgotour/kgotour.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=49

http://groups.msn.com/kgotour/kgotour.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=68

for pics of a dream site for an Antenna Broadcast Engineer.

73, DX, de Pat Barthelow AA6EG aa6eg at hotmail.com