[TowerTalk] Securing the cables to the tower?

ersmar@comcast.net ersmar at comcast.net
Wed Jun 1 19:57:33 EDT 2005

Alan:

     I have a Trylon tower with angular steel legs like the AN Wireless tower.  I ran the cables in the same place you are contemplating - inside the leg angle.  To fasten the cables to the steel, I used insulated #12 solid house wire (Home Despot, Lowe's, etc.).  I wrapped the wire around the cable bundle first, then I took the ends through pre-existing holes in the angle steel and twisted them together on the inside of the leg.  If the AN has no available holes, just wrap the wire around the leg at an upward-sloping angle brace.  About a foot of wire for each wrap was enough for me.  Nice, neat, reuseable and cheap in case they become non-reuseable.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F