[TowerTalk] Rotator cable

Roger K8RI on Tower k8ri-tower at charter.net
Thu Jun 2 17:01:52 EDT 2005

Why not make up your own using THHN, or MTW?  It's *relatively* inexpensive,
comes in a wide variety of sizes.  I think #14 is the smallest with the
largest being at least #10 or even #6.

> On 06/02/05 03:14 pm Phil Camera tossed the following ingredients into
> the ever-growing pot of cybersoup:
>
>> For my AlfaSpid installation, which is over 500 ft from the shack, I used
>> the following.
>>
>>>From the controller in the shack to the lightning arrestor (ICE type)
>>>just outside the window of the shack I ran regular multi conductor
>>>rotator cable (#12 for the power and used the #14 for the positioner).
>
> <snip>
>
> What you are calling "regular multi conductor rotator cable (#12 for the
> power and used the #14 for the positioner)" is the kind of thing I was
> trying to find, but nobody seems to sell anything with #12 conductors
> and other thinner conductors.

Check with the C-Band suppliers. The dish positioners use #10 or #12 for
power and smaller wires for the positioning pulses.  Those cables have an
additional pair for the polarization rotator as well.

N833R - World's oldest Debonair CD-2
www.rogerhalstead.com