[TowerTalk] Sources of Irrigation tubing for 40m vertical

douglas.snowden@med.va.gov douglas.snowden at med.va.gov
Thu Jun 16 11:17:24 EDT 2005

I just bought 5 pieces of 2 inch diameter 30ft long irrigation tubing.
I found a farm supply place in Farmville, VA.  There are probably
these types of places in most states. I was sort of interesting
getting all of them home though. I drove 1.5 hours and put them off
the side of my truck. They extended in front of and behind the truck.
I had flags on front and back.  I was surprised to see how many people would
drive their car right under the tubing when at a stop light.
I spliced 3.5 ft on each section for a 40 meter four square. I have the
support
posts in the ground. I am still debating on whether to build a hybrid
splitter
or buy Comteks.  I am leaning towards buying the 40m box from them and
experimenting with a combiner for another band - just for the fun of it.
Anyone
out there built a combiner for a 4 square?  I have a few T225-2B toroids
here.

Doug N4IJ