[TowerTalk] ab577 vibration

Jim Jarvis jimjarvis at comcast.net
Mon Jun 20 21:35:57 EDT 2005

Dana wrote:

I put my AB577 up today at 45' with a 5 element 15meter beam on top.
Ive noticed it vibrating in the wind (it did this when I had it up
without the beam as well).  Some of the top sections of mast shake
around - I figure this has something to do with the fact that the
sections of mast dont mate perfectly.  Its hard to see, usually I just
hear it.

Should I worry about this?  Does your AB577 do this in 30mph winds?
Dana
-0-

Dana:

In a word, NO.

I suspect you may have insufficient upper guy tension...or possibly
that the clip-rings which hold some of your sections together are
stretched out, and not clamping tightly.  If the latter is true,
try Ben at Ontario Surplus for replacements.

N2EA
jimjarvis at ieee.org