[TowerTalk] Heights Tower - Separating Aluminum from Steel

Bill Tippett btippett at alum.mit.edu
Tue Jun 21 20:42:30 EDT 2005

At 07:49 PM 6/21/05, Cqtestk4xs at aol.com wrote:

>Funny you should ask this.....  Just this morning I removed three of those
>pipes from the bottom of a Heights tower.  The whole operation took about
>15 minutes with my trusty circular saw and a grinding blade.
>
>Assuming you don't want to keep the steel stubs

         I actually was trying to save the entire
thing since the pipes are part of the fold-over
base which is fairly expensive.  But you bring
up a good point in that I believe the pipes can
be replaced by unbolting them from the base
plate.  Will take a more careful look the next
time I go up to the site (~75 miles away).

                         Thanks!

                         Bill  W4ZV