[TowerTalk] substandard aluminum?

David Jordan wa3gin at erols.com
Tue Mar 1 10:55:41 EST 2005

Yes Jim you are correct about Telrex...and the 30yr old TB6EM that I
have up at 35 meters is still working
and  none of the aluminum has broken off.   That's about 10,950 days for
those of you that aren't laughing to hard to read the small print!

Telrex built antennas before the days of PCs. They did it the old
fashioned way. They built them to last!

When I look at some of the junk that is being sold out there today I
wonder if some of these antennas will even last through the warrantee
period, haha.

Also, companies back then were more apt to respond to customer concerns
if there was a design/engineering problem, etc.

It's a buyer beware world now. Even in the States.  But if I'm going to
roll the dice I'll roll them with Hy-Gain, Cushcraft, Mosley, etc.

enjoy,
dave
wa3gin