[TowerTalk] Titanix V160e Failure

Stephen Reichlyn Stephen.Reichlyn at ryansci.com
Tue Mar 1 08:46:25 EST 2005

Hi, Bruce:

I have a Titanex V80E installed on the end of my pier here on the Isle of
Palms, SC. A
Nor'easter blew through here Sunday with sustained winds of 30-45 and gusts
of 60 for several hours overnight.

On Monday morning, I found that my antenna was bent just below the top guy
lines at a place where two sections of the same diameter are butted together
with what looked like an aluminum (rather than Titanium/Aluminum alloy) inner
splice.

Like you, I am surprised by this failure especially in a wind condition for
which
this antenna should handle with no problem when properly guyed (which it is
according
to Titanex's specifications).

My problem should be fairly easy to fix once I take the entire antenna down
to the
ground but, like you, am a somewhat unhappy camper.

Good luck.

73,
Steve AA4V