[TowerTalk] Good news about AZ tower restrictions in Pinal County

Jim Lux jimlux at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 17 14:56:34 EST 2005

At 10:46 AM 3/17/2005, wf3h at comcast.net wrote:
>Just got a phone call from the zoning inspector in Queen Creek, AZ. Ham
>towers are exempt from any regulations at all. None. Zip.  Not even a
>building permit required. This is HEAVEN! My last place in PA required me
>to force them to change their building code to conform to PRB 1.
>
>Love it!
>
>Bob/WF3H

Get that statement on a piece of paper with the official's signature. Maybe
something like an informal drawing submitted for a plan check. I've had
more than one experience where the contractor was told, over the counter,
that something was perfectly ok, and then, when the inspector (or the
neighbors) saw it, things changed.  A friend wound up having to install an
huge unplanned  water tank for fire sprinklers after having been assured
that the barn was close enough to the hydrant to not require it.  He could
have easily shifted the barn's foundation 3 feet on the graded pad (to make
it close enough) had the first guy actually made the call.  The problem was
that the original opinion wasn't on paper, so it wound up taking many
months (years?) before it was all thrashed out.