[TowerTalk] RG8U

Ron Feutz ronf at aircommcentral.com
Fri Mar 18 12:08:15 EST 2005

>::FLASH!  Jumped to 15 meters and worked  VQ9FU, 3Y5PO and RG8U in the Belden
>Congo!  I remember those  ads.....-WB2WIK/6

I think someone here is confused.  RG8U's name (nyme, as he pronounced it)
was Belden, and he operated from somewhere in the South Pacific.  He used
to hang out on 75 in the early 70s.  He would generate instant pileups with
his 40 over signal, which emanated from his 4 wavelengths per leg rhombic
at 120', so it is reasonable that he could be worked with a Gotham
vertical.  He also QSL'd 100%, although mine must have been lost in the
mail, since it never arrived.

73,

Ron KK9K