[TowerTalk] porcupines and chemical ground

doc kd4e at verizon.net
Sat Mar 19 13:17:00 EST 2005

 > Peter Grillo wrote:
> The strike hit the metal roof of my house
> (not grounded) and found a path to the neutral circuit.  7 breakers popped.
> Replacement cost for the damaged equipment was around $13,000 of which my
> insurance paid 80%.

Ok, you mentioned steel roof and lightning strike and made me sit up
straight!

You do note that it was not grounded.  My new house is entirely steel
and well-grounded (I hope) -- anything you have learned through your
experience that I should apply to my home, please?

--
Thanks! & 73, doc kd4e

           |_|___|_|
           | | & | |
              {|
      /\      {|
     /  \     {|
    /    \    {|
============\ #    West Central Florida
http://bibleseven.com/steelhouse1.html
Ham PC = 100% Linux Novell-Suse 9.2
Halli, Heathkit, Homebrew, MFJ, TenTec, Yaesu
Radio Life: http://www.gospelcom.net/twr/
Linux-Incompatible hardware is defective!