[TowerTalk] Toroid Core Material Selection

Keith Dutson kjdutson at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 23 23:13:39 EST 2005

>you have a layout or relay selection problem.

You are probably right.  This project originally had one pair of SO239's and
one relay.  Then I upgraded it to a second port.  Each pair and relay is on
its own small PC board with separate DC supply wire, and that may be the
root of the problem.  To make matters worse, I had a poor ground from the PC
board to the chassis, and resorted to foil tape to improve it.  Perhaps the
best thing to do now is make a single new PC board to cover all 4
connectors, and ground the board at several points with standoffs.

Keith NM5G