[TowerTalk] A question of newbie proportions.

Michael Frankson michaelcfrankson at yahoo.com
Sat May 7 03:08:25 EDT 2005

Hi,

I have a question for you guys. I'm looking to start a
low powered AM station (0.1kw) and maybe grow into a
community station one day. Depending on the FCC,
licenses, application windows, bidding, resources etc.
My community would only need a 6 mile radius.

Does a tower for AM HAVE to be a tower, or can it be
placed on a pole mast on an existing structure?

Also, if I place say a 30 foot tower on top of an
existing structure, would it give me the same results
as if the whole thing were a tower?

Thanks,
Mike

Discover Yahoo!