[TowerTalk] 4-square over existing groundscreen

Peter Voelpel peter.voelpel at t-online.de
Tue May 17 19:03:15 EDT 2005

Tom McAlee tom at klient.com wrote

>I was able to compare the 4 square with the original radial system and
>with the new radial system against a 3rd antenna (a wire delta loop) and
>A/B tests showed significant improvement.

>And, with the single radial system the feedpoint impedance was pretty
>high.
>I don't recall the exact number, but it wasn't nearly as low as the 36 ohms
>I got with the radials under each vertical.  That tells me the ground
losses
>were a lot higher.

Thank you Tom and others who replied by mail,

I think it might be a good idea that I, before starting with the 4-sq, to
run some tests with a single vertical on 40 with the possible combinations
and do measurements.
But it seems to be preferable that the  4sq will get its own radial system

73
Peter, DF3KV