[TowerTalk] Isotron

Tom Rauch w8ji at contesting.com
Wed Nov 2 09:27:05 EST 2005

> More fun stuff:
>
> http://www.isotronantennas.com/

Actually the real humor is at:

http://www.isotronantennas.com/isohow.htm

The text claims Isotron's "work so well"  because they have
"more area than a 1/2 wl dipole".

If I had two slices of bread I could enjoy the bologna even
more!

I always thought the Isotron was a neat way to build a
really tiny antenna that would allow people with no space to
get on the air with some sort of readable signal. I never
realized they were misleading customers by claiming some
sort of odd magic that makes their antenna have more
effective aperture than a 1/2 wave antenna! I'm disappointed
in them now. Hams shouldn't lie to Hams.

73 Tom