[TowerTalk] Isotron

Tom Rauch w8ji at contesting.com
Wed Nov 2 13:14:19 EST 2005

> I agree.  However, careful reading of the Isotron page
>
> http://www.isotronantennas.com/isohow.htm
>
> revealed no claim of gain or radiation efficiency.

Ignoring all the misstatements about capture area (capture
area really has nothing to do with physical size, it is a
function of gain and wavelength), they do make a gain claim.

"THE PERFORMANCE - It speaks for itself. Tests have measured
the ISOTRONS to transmit as well as a one-half wavelength
dipole."

That's a problem. Saying it transmits "as well as a 1/2 wave
dipole" means zero dBd gain. It can't mean anything else.

73 Tom