[TowerTalk] 80 meter quad loops

Barry w2up at mindspring.com
Fri Nov 4 08:43:52 EST 2005

I use multiple, vertical slopers in a K8UR configuration.  I used to
do the same thing with adding wires for CW, and got tired of it.  I
added RF1J latching relays (surplus from Max Gain Systems).  The
relays themsleves must add some inductance, as I only need about 5-6
ft of wire to move the resonance from 3800 to 3525 (and only on the
lower end).  To switch the relays I built a 24VDC controller that
sends a short pulse (using an NE555 and pass transistor) to them.
Barry, W2UP