[TowerTalk] Beverage Ideas

Gedas w8bya at mchsi.com
Fri Nov 4 08:54:50 EST 2005

Hello everyone,
I have obtained permission to use a large field to the West of me during the winter.  I don't have the exact dimensions but I know I can lay a single wire on the ground almost 1000' long if desired.  I was wondering if someone had a good length and a way of feeding a beverage antenna that might be useable on 40m, 60m and 160m.  I can't do anything but lay the wire on the ground at this time and I don't think I can terminate the far end other than maybe a simple ground rod.  I have a tower on the far West side of my property that comes within 20-30 feet of this open field. The tower has 3 ground rods and may make a suitable feed point for the beverage.  Any thoughts?

Gedas

e-mail  w8bya at mchsi.com
online gallery  http://gedas.cc
web page  http://www.w8bya.com