[TowerTalk] US Tower Cables

RJD nj9k at wi.rr.com
Wed Nov 9 16:05:16 EST 2005

I have the same tower as you and thought the exact same thing.  I talk to the
man at Dayton this year and his question was "WHY?".  I told him that the top
section was a little tippy but the overall condition of the cable was good.

I told him that I heard that the slack can be reduced by giving the big nut on
top of the tension spring above the tension pulley a few turns. He said that is
a solution as long as the cable is in good condition.

I did that and the top section lost its tippyness and the inside cable was more
taunt to my liking and I put the thought of changing the cable on the back
burner but will monitor continously.

Dick, NJ9K