[TowerTalk] PLP GRIPS

Cqtestk4xs@aol.com Cqtestk4xs at aol.com
Tue Nov 22 15:33:46 EST 2005

There are guy grips and there are guy grips.  I spoke to the guys at PLP a 
couple of months ago and there are basically two kinds of grips.  The cheaper 
ones which are designed for short loads up to around 50 feet and are used to guy 
power poles.  The ones you want cost a lot more.  They are the big grips 
designed for towers.  The fellow at PLP said DO NOT use the cheap ones on towers.  

As K7LXC says: Prime Directive in effect!

By the way, I still have some 5/16 BIG GRIPS available.

Bill K4XS

More information about the TowerTalk mailing list