[TowerTalk] balky TailTwister update

FireBrick w9ol at billnjudy.com
Tue Nov 22 17:33:13 EST 2005

I replaced the starting Cap. (I always keep a spare).
No difference, it just didn't want to consistently start moving.

Fortunately I have a spare HamM...I put that in the place of the Tailtwister and it
rotates normally, full range.

So...by process of elimination, it isn't the cap, and the control box is obviously supply
enough voltage (unless a TT requires more than a HamM).

And just in cast someone asks, each spring I open them up, clean up the inside and
regrease the races and bearings. So it's not a 'no-maintenance' type thing.

It just sometimes doesn't want to overcome inertia and start moving.
Oh Well...will use the HamM for a while.

Kansas State Motto: First Of The Rectangle States