[TowerTalk] station grounding question

James C. Hall, MD nwtcc at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 22 19:22:53 EST 2005

Richard:

Got some old 213 coax(or similar RG-8) lying around ? Take the jacket off a
chosen length of this coax and push up the braid until it simply slides off
the dielectric. Use two large solder eyes - one on each end and give the
braid a half twist around the solder lug. Clamp and solder the eyes to the
braid and you have instant ground strap ! This you can use to flexibly
connect your gear to the copper flashing or SPG panel. I've used this method
for over 25 years without a single problem.

73, Jamie
WB4YDL