[TowerTalk] re Elevated vertical

Rob Atkinson, K5UJ k5uj at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 4 11:53:40 EDT 2005

I'd get the feedpoint a little higher up--around 15 to 20 feet if possible,
and use a few more radials, maybe eight.  yes, the length of them is more
critical when they are elevated.   They should be cut to 1/4 w.  don't
forget to wind some of the coax feedline into a coil near the feedpoint to
isolate the exterior of the coax sheld from the antenna.    For 40 meters,
i'd wind around 15 turns on a 6 or more inch diameter form.   the size of
the form depends partly on the size and type of the coax you use.  I usually
try to not get right at the minimum bend radius because i don't like to
force it on to a tight form and stress it.

rob/k5uj