[TowerTalk] Remote Tuning of Shunt-Fed Tower

Pat Chiles chilesp at adelphia.net
Thu Oct 6 12:15:58 EDT 2005

Dan,

The best answer I can give you is I am looking for something "precise" if it
is cost effective.  I am currently turning a gamma vacuum variable with a
cheap 8 RPM gearhead 12V DC motor from AllElectronics.  I used momentary
switches, leds, and some "junk-box gears" to give me the capacitor's "end of
rotation" warning.  I want to go with an omega match if the prototype will
give me effective dual band operation.  The steppers are more compact, more
precise, and more eloquent.  That being said they are not worth $220 to me.
Pat, K8PC