[TowerTalk] CQ article error(?)

Bill Aycock baycock at direcway.com
Fri Oct 7 13:55:26 EDT 2005

Thats the way I see it. The only difference I have with Gary is in the
connections between the panel and the transformer drop. There is an
earth connection at each end, and only at each end, but my supplier has
the added requirement of a metallic conductor between transformer
neutral and panel ground, as well.
Bill

Red wrote:

>I believe the single point ground is to hold all equipment grounds at a
>common potential; so that there is no potential or voltage between any
>two component grounds.  Short and minimally inductive conductors from
>equipment to that single point minimize that potential difference.
>Equipment grounds and the single point ground must not be connected to
>the system neutral, except at the service entrance and at the power
>company equipment.  There must be no path between system neutral and
>ground anywhere else.
>
>73 de Red, WOØW
>
>Gary Schafer wrote:
>

>>With single point grounding for the antenna / power system the idea is
>>to not have ground paths through any equipment to ground.
>>
>>73
>>Gary  K4FMX

Bill Aycock W4BSG
Woodville, Alabama