[TowerTalk] grounding

Gary Schafer garyschafer at comcast.net
Sun Oct 9 12:16:48 EDT 2005

Rob Atkinson, K5UJ wrote:
> i'll try this again. my computer went nuts in the middle of writing this
> before, and i had to reboot it.
>
> Gary, let me make sure i understand this:
>
> <<<For example, it is not necessary to have the mains power coming in
> the same place as the coax lines. Just run a power line from a
> convenient place over the where you have your antenna entrance panel.
> Put your power line protectors there. Now run ALL your shack equipment
> from that one power point.>>>
>
> do you mean run a shack service line around outside from where the drop
> and kwh meter are, to where the feedlines enter?
>
> rob/k5uj

Hi Rob,

Run it anywhere that you have access. It doesn't need to be outside.
The point is that you do your grounding and power protection at the
entrance panel for your antennas. The cable entrance panel is your
single point ground. You have no other path to your equipment but
through that panel.
Now an extensive ground system hooked to that panel would be ideal.

73
Gary  K4FMX