[TowerTalk] tower shunt-fed tuning

Richard W. Harris Richard_Harris at byu.edu
Mon Oct 10 13:48:18 EDT 2005

Hi,

I'm finally there - ready to tune my 160M shunt fed tower antenna.  I
have an Omega match using a 7-1000 pF cap for the series capacitor and
5-500 pF for the parallel capacitor.  I have my tower attachment
originally at the top of the 72' tower and a 3 wire triangular cage
shunt wire spaced about 2' from the tower.

I have an MFJ 269 analyzer with the MFJ-731 tunable RFI Filter.  I'm
ready to start tuning but thought I would ask for any suggestions in the
sequence as I have never attempted this type of tuning before where I
need to adjust the two capacitors.  Any suggestions welcomed.

73 and hope to hear you on 160M real soon,

Richard - KJ7CU