[TowerTalk] Wire size for 800 meter long wire

David Robbins K1TTT k1ttt at arrl.net
Mon Oct 10 17:41:10 EDT 2005

Run these specs through your nomographs...
12 ga insulated copperweld at 22 lbs per 1000' with a breaking strength of
900lbs
or
10 ga insulated copperweld at 35 lbs per 1000' with a breaking strength of
1231lbs
both available from Clifford of Vt under imsa spec 28-3.  insulation is
really tough black hdpe.  Standard reel length is 5000', but they will cut
to length.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt at arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net