[TowerTalk] Wire size for 800 meter long wire

Jim Lux jimlux at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 10 21:50:59 EDT 2005

At 04:59 PM 10/10/2005, David Hachadorian wrote:

> [...]

There is some metallized aramid available.. It was used in a space tether
experiment, but I suspect the stuff is used for something else.  You
probably don't want to spend the bucks for the spaceflight qualified item.

They also make cables with an aramid strength member for operating ROVs
deep underwater.