[TowerTalk] Rookie Question... Addendum

Al Zelna mr.mri at epix.net
Wed Oct 12 08:15:19 EDT 2005

1.	The rotor and controller were tested and passed with the small run
of smaller gauge cable.  No testing was made with the large gauge cable
prior to installation.  But I wish I did!

2.	The rotor is on the tower with the TA-33 currently masted.

3.	The wiring was triple checked prior installation.  The rotor-end of
the cable was already wired and sealed when hoisted and mounted to the
tower.  Afterward, I lifted the controller-end, fed it down the tower
center, and ran it back to the patio for testing.  That is when I realized
it did not turn.

4.	I wish I had a manual for the rotor and controller prior to
installation.  Thank you for the lead on where to find it.

The NE PA monsoon season started on Friday... might I add, during the time
the TA-33 was being lifted.  There is no end in sight.  Once the rain stops,
I will be on the tower "quad-checking" the wiring scheme, testing
continuity, and measuring voltages.  Now that I know where to get the
manual.

I know the rotor cable and the Ham-M rotor are well within their max run
distance.  I do not know if I am asking too much of the CDR controller.
This is why I thought the starter cap.

So is it everyone's opinion a properly functioning "vintage" CDR should be
able to turn a properly wired Ham-M rotor at this distance... with this size
cable?

I will keep the list posted and thank you for the insight.

Al, N3KAE

Weather