[TowerTalk] Shunt-fed tower height

Barrie Smith barrie at centric.net
Sun Oct 16 16:27:27 EDT 2005

Just about ready to pull the 72' crankup tower vertical and then attempt to shunt-feed it per W8JI's pi-network system.

This tower has a 30' X 30' H-frame attached, with elevation, and four 37' 6M yagis thereon.

Lots of top-loading, but . . . I've been assuming that the height would be 72' (tower) plus 15' of extending H-frame, for a total of 87'.

Now I'm wondering if the height would be 57', which would be where the lower yagis are when they are horizontal.

Anyone have a clue to my muddle?

73, Barrie, W7ALW